- Hey laaaaaadies! This evening, you can be a part of the National Single Cougars Convention. Cougar in the Demi Moore-Ashton Kutcher sense, not as in the wild cat sense; naturally, I give this event the drunkenatheist.com endorsement.
- Don’t bother going to law school, as there’s a good chance you won’t be able to get employment after going over 100K in debt and busting your ass to get into one of the top programs. (Use bugmenot.com for a login.)
- The CDC is considering promoting circumcision of all American males. And people wonder why I’m still so vehemently pro-choice. I don’t know, something about slippery slopes.
- Ganja has been decriminalized in Argentina for personal use. Yes, this does, indeed, mean the same country once led by Juan Peron will give me a bit more freedom to put wtf-ever I want in my body than the good ol’ “free” USA! USA! USA! Because Lord knows that when I think of “freedom,” my first thought is any (formerly or currently) dictator-run South American country.
- The Pennsylvania Senate thinks the best way to ensure “financial recovery” is to kick tons of funding to Philly. This is in no way counter-productive, and if you think “kicking lots of state aid that will inevitably be paid by the taxpayers is probably going to put an undue burden on the them, thereby giving them less money to put into the friggin economy and help solve the problem,” then you’re probably just confused or something.
- In a Portland facility, scientists created monkeys with two mothers. Lesbians everywhere are elated that the “what does a lesbian bring on a third date” joke is that much closer to being outdated. And you probably thought I was going with the obvious “Koko has two mommies” joke.
- If you’ve been living under a rock, you might not have seen the best use of a Twitter account ever. Seriously, with lines like “you can tell Kate Beckinsale she sucks” coming from your dad, you’ll realize that this is what would happen if FML got beaten up by Textsfromlastnight and they made up and 9 months later had a baby because of too much tequila and somebody’s new-found anti-choice stance: shitmydadsays. Trust me, it was worth the wordy description.
- For once, I have no comment: over 45,000 NHS workers call out sick every day. No fucking comment.
- In heartbreaking news: the People’s Republic of Wikipedia is changing their editing procedures due to trolls. OH THE HUMANITY!
- In unpredictable news: why can’t Young Americans for Liberty get the lovely libertarian ladies in the world to holla at them? Oh, it’s probably because dumb bitches are just emotional, baby killing whores whose stupid women brains can’t handle reading policy. I’m sure the lack of respect has nothing to do with it. Nothing.
- After continuing my maddening search for “pro-choice + libertarian,” I finally came across LeftLibertarian.org, which had linked this post from radgeek.com. The post is all about rapist cops, and though it should be obvious, please be forewarned: there are a lot of sexual assault/child abuse triggers. At least my discovery of those blogs made me stop hating the men. And the world. But mostly men.
- Apparently, Madonna’s Romanian fans feel like they were gypped.
- And to wrap things up with another fluff link: I don’t think killing Nazis is funny. Rather, it’s hilarious! While Basterds was good enough (IMO, of course), it could have been about a half hour shorter, about 20% campier, and at least one scene that was reminiscent of the Crazy 88s. Oh well, at least someone is giving Brad Pitt some work.
If you’re reading this from my Facebook notes, please go to the original blog post (located here) to comment.