- I’m opening with a must read for anyone arguing that libertarianism and feminism are mutually exclusive. Libertarian Feminism: Can This Marriage be Saved? I’m not finished reading it yet, but the link was provided by one of the authors and I am really digging it so far.
- Inspired by my stupid idea that vanilla vodka + hours of Wii sports would somehow be fun, I bring you Wii injury.com. I imagine I will wind up there within the next month or two.
- In shameless promotion news: my comments on Young Americans For Liberty have made their rounds, and it appears that they’ve caused (at least) a small stir. Considering some of the feedback I’m receiving (like, hi, I totally got a private email from…well, we’ll just say someone pretty well-known & influential in LP circles), I’d say I done good.
- On that thread, I was also handed a link to the Ladies of Liberty Alliance. While I think the name is a little “meh,” I love concept. Hell, call it “turd in a box,” for all I care, as long as it serves the same purpose. I pretty much always support efforts to organize women in non-female dominated circles, and love anything that helps train women to be leaders. (Don’t you just hate the kind of typos that alter the meaning of an entire sentence?)
- In non-libertarian news: so, what was that about wasting resources? Thanks to women like Maureen Picozzi, hundreds of thousands of misogynists can continue to feel vindicated when they blabber about false rape charges. Cause certainly, rape is the only crime involving false charges.
- Halloween II brought in $17.4 million this weekend. Even though I’m going to bury my face into Libertarian Boyfriend’s shoulder the entire time, I must see this!
- In wtf news: the poor French are dealing with exploding iPhones. I know someone who will be so amused by that.
- In completely unpredictably news: Douchebag extraordinaire Joe Francis has been accused of assaulting a woman. Hey, media, quit making him relevant, plz?
- In “duh” news: If you don’t want people to know your address, you probably shouldn’t post it on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social networking site. Cause, well, some people are going to use that to break into your home, for starters.
- iPhone has a “find my iPhone” setting. People like to steal iPhones. Do you not see where I’m going with this?
- Reasons why I love Bitch: this point/counter-point about Meghan McCain. While there are definitely things I like about Ms. McCain, she also supports some deplorable shit, and I think that gets lost a lot of the time.
- Similarly to the Cow Days episode of South Park (which always makes me fucking cry because the cows. are. drawn. so. fucking. cute.), 28 Swiss cows & bulls threw themselves off a cliff in the Alps. I guess these ones weren’t aware they could just use guns.
- And to wrap things up, here is a critique on the Olbermann “omg, like, why should anyone distrust the government? Obama of Nazareth is in office, which means everything is like, perfect!” attitude.
If you’re reading this from my Facebook notes, please go to the original blog post (located here) to comment.